Yep, you read it right, third Saturday in April. Cast your mind way, way back to a sunny morning........

"Hey! Are you guys gonna ride or talk all day?" Mike rounding up the crowd.

He has our undivided attention now!

Traci models the new t-shirt.

Okay, finally on the road, oh yeah, we're heading for Idyllwild!

Steve made the ride this time, as did Larry and Linda there on Steve's right.

Frank's friend Peggy joined us for the first time, on her cool anniversary edition Harley. This is coming down Gopher Canyon Road.


Running into bike traffic on the 79 through Temecula.

We begin our journey through wine (not whine) country.

Mike couldn't find a chicken ranch to take us by, so he settled for long horned cattle.

Scenic stuff.

Beautiful downtown Hemet.

We stopped at the local McDonalds, where it is never too early to eat french fries.

Here's Peggy with Waynes then fiance (now Mrs. Forrester).

The other photographer. This is Oscar with his newest toy, a video camera. He soon turned it over to me, though he is the one who produces the videos we've been posting.

Loitering in the parking lot.

Dave calling the Red Kettle, our lunch stop up the mountain. Hungry bikers on the way!

Here's Traci with Claire, who was riding for the first time ever. EVER. Geoff was visiting Australia, and hooked Curtis up with his sweet Ultra Classic.

Okay, I had a million pictures I had to skip or this would take a week to read. Here's a shot as we went up the mountain, through the fun switchbacks.

We're here!

There are never any pictures of Dave because he's driving the bike I take the pictures from, so here's a picture of Dave.

Group shot. Well, now that I look, I think some people are missing. Okay, mostly group shot.

"Are you coming?"

Ahh, the Red Kettle, best burger on the mountain. We were greeted by this little cutie, whose name is Harley. She was happy to see more bikers-the place was full of them.

We had the lovely outside patio all to ourselves, it was warm and the food rocked!

I was going to make a joke about Karen ordering a six pack, but in reality they bring all the condiments out in a six pack carton.

Here, our fearless ride leader displays his talent for catching food thrown from a patio.

The close up. He catches it.

This was a cool ride that was parked in town. It is actually a Harley engine on a three wheel frame.

Karen and Claire, off to do some shopping.
Frank!

Look-it's Dave again!

Curtis and Claire strike a pose while Dave takes their picture.

Hanging out in town.

Getting ready to head home, well, it appears Mike is ready to head home, no one else seems to be on their bikes yet.

NOW we're heading home.

Scenic stuff.

More scenic stuff. Anza Valley.

It's been twenty minutes or so since we last ate, so we had to stop at DQ for ice cream. Okay, maybe thirty minutes.

Our chase car driver, safer than any other driver on the road.

Since I can't remember anything about the ride because it was so long ago, enjoy the scenery.

Oscar left us in Temecula.....

Oh, I remember this! Here we are waiting for someone who missed the turn and drove half way to Pechanga before they realized it. I won't tell who it was though.

Steve left us at the 76.....

We started with a dozen or so bikes, some left early from Idyllwild, some along the way-then there were three. And a chase car.

Home again, or at least Starbucks. Idyllwild was a great ride with great food, new friends, and awesome scenery.

Check back for the ride recap of the third Saturday in May, just as soon as I remember what it was. Oh yeah-BBQ!
No comments:
Post a Comment