Hey Riders! It's Guido with a message of hope and encouragement. Anyone out there ever watch the movie Top Gun? Man, the first time I saw that movie, I wanted to go and enlist. The problem was, I think some recruiter dude saw me on my Harley and said: "Ain't no way we're gonna let that boy fly a multi-million dollar fighter jet". So, here I am, on the ground. But every now and then.....................................my mind is at 10,000 feet (Angels 10) traveling at Mach 2, with my hair on fire.
That's usually when things go wrong. I'm not paying attention and the enemy strikes (Satan). The next thing you know, I'm losing control, going head first to the ground like a dart, trying desperately to find my "rip cord".
Life is much the same way. We are up in the clouds moving along at a fast pace, without a care in the world. Suddenly the enemy comes up from behind, fires a missile and we are on our way to a "crash and burn", wondering what the heck just happened.
So you say, what can I do? The answer is: Let Jesus be your "wingman".
In military parlance, the wingman is usually the guy watching your back, making sure you are not "hit from behind".
No comments:
Post a Comment