Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Voting "Christian"

Hey riders.  It's Guido the dumb biker dude with some "food for thought".  When I was growing up, my parents told me two things you don't discuss.  Religion and politics.  Well, since I'm a dumb biker dude and don't know any better, I'm going to discuss both.

I was listening to a local Christian radio station the other day and heard some frightening statistics.  Did you know that in the last major election, over 30 million Christians did not vote?  I guess they thought the Lord would show up and fix everything.  Did you also know that many who identify themselves as being Christian, will also support their party, even if their candidate openly supports things which are in direct conflict with the Word of GOD?

Fellow bikers, we live in dangerous times.  As Christians, we have been given an opportunity to vote and influence the direction our country.  It is a privilege and a moral obligation for us to do so.  Not voting is a sin of "omission".  As Christians, God expects us to "step up to the plate" and do our duty.   All the problems we currently have in this country are related to either no faith in God, or a weak faith of "compromise", in which we look to men and women for our "material" needs over our "spiritual" needs.  Many Christians will vote for a candidate who will promise to lower taxes, put more money in your wallet, or create more jobs, even if that candidate openly supports abortion or the homosexual agenda.  Am I the only one who sees the problem with this kind of thinking?  When you vote for someone like that, your voting "against GOD".  Sorry Christian if that makes you mad,  but I like to call a spade a spade.  The church, through the power of the Holy Spirit, is the only thing that is keeping this country afloat, and if we continue on the current path, we may not have a country at all!  Yes, GOD will step in someday soon and fix all of this mess.  But in the meantime, we need to live and vote as Christians.  All of the time, not just when it's convenient!  If not "you," who? If not "now" when? 

No comments: